Monday, March 21, 2011

25 1/4" &12.2lbs

Those were Avery's stats this morning at her 4 month check up. That puts her in the 80% of length and 19% for weight. Long and lean {just like my favorite Gap jeans}. Our pediatrician is pleased with her development, and Avery gets to start on some rice cereal. Big steps! I can't believe she is eating 6 oz of formula already. That is 3 full scoops people! I joked with her this morning that her rapper name should be "3Scoops". I will tell you that Tony was not on board with that, and just stared at me in amazement. Amazed that I am that dorky :)
Checking out the fish before her appointment.
She also had her second round of immunization shots this morning. As a parent, this is hard, because the shots are necessary {in our opinion} but they make her cry so intensely. We hold her hands, try to distract her, and the nurse gets it done pretty quickly. She starts with this face:
then breaks out into a scream. It breaks my heart. I know that I need to be stronger and not let her see that I get upset, so that it doesn't get made into a bigger deal. My tears were very minimal this time {unlike the river I cried last time} and Avery only cried for about 30 seconds, then wanted the rest of her bottle. After a short nap in the car on the way to daycare, she was all smiles again and a happy baby.
************* ^^^^^************

In other news, Avery has discovered her feet and likes to use her toes as the appetizer or dessert, to the main course: her hands. Last Friday was PJ day at daycare, so we sent her off in her angel wing get-up.
This weekend brought some friends to town, so we spent some time with them over the course of Saturday. Avery is soclose to rolling over and I thought she would get there on Saturday. Here she is as close as she is getting. The shoulder is just too much in the way at the moment. I think she will get there this week though.

After joining the girls for a night on the town Saturday night, we took advantage of the warm temps on Sunday to go for a walk. I will take 70 and humid any day I can get it in March.


Well friends, that is a little of what we have been up to. I think my parents are coming down this weekend {WHOOO to the HOOOO} so I am really looking forward to that. I can't believe it is March 21st already! It is officially spring though, so I will take that!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you created this blog Danielle. Thank you so much. I teared up when I saw her cute little face before her immunization. She is so amazing, and I can't wait to see her Saturday.

    ReplyDelete