Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tummy Time and Pillows

with her Panda Bear. It plays world music. I think I have the tunes memorized. Avery seems to like it.
Have you seen a kid so cute? I could just eat her up, and I know I am biased, but really. Look at her. So Cute! When she smiles at me and then buries her head in my neck as I hold her, I melt. So does her daddy.

they were hanging out with me while I was sewing pillows
I spent a few hours on Sunday making some pillows for the living room. I like a lot of pillows, and they are an easy sewing project. I need to create and craft every so often, and this is a fairly inexpensive hobby. Tony likes this. I will have to take a few pictures of my pillows to share. (if anyone cares to see?!) I suppose it could get expensive, but I try to keep the cost down. Try being the operative word.

Speaking of Sunday, this was one of my favorite days in recent memory. Even with the time change, I was commited to getting up and going to church. I tried the Presbyterian Church here in Ankeny once before and wanted to give the traditional service a chance. The contemporary service was not my cup of tea.

SO I get up, shower, feed Avery, take her to the kitchen to make coffee, enjoy a cup and get out the door on time. I pull up to the church, and it is empty. No one around. I looked at the announcement board, and apparently this week was a 1 service Sunday at 10 AM (not 9, like I thought) with a guest pastor. Darn it! So I went to Hy-Vee, bought some donuts and the Sunday paper, and went back home. Guess that is what I get for my very sporadic church attendance. I really need to get on that though so I can figure out where Avery will be baptized.

Tony and I enjoyed reading the paper, our donuts and coffee, and we had a great day. I love Sundays in general, and this one in particular was just fab.

still working on rolling over. it will come soon we hope!

1 comment:

  1. I would like to see your pillows! Avery is a beauty Danielle! Avery will do so many things in her life that will make you MELT! The love a mother has for her children is truly indescribable! Your blog is so neat! Keep posting- Tyler and I like to be nosy AND it's a great way for us to see what is going on with you guys! Hope all is well! <3

    ReplyDelete