Tuesday, May 10, 2011

DIY Window Treatments

Before:





I had been wanting to try to make a box pleat valance for some time. The widow above our kitchen sink seemed to be the perfect place, and the valance is the same fabric as the valance for the slider. {which I want to turn into a box pleat valance as well, but well, I need about 8 more hours in each day lately to keep up}



This is the window in the mud room/garage entry. We did this before Mom made all her roman shades to see if our faux method was going to work. It did! Now I want to do this for the window in the master bath. I just cannot find the right fabric, and have not dedicated the time to do so, but I will find it.

You can find a good tutorial HERE.

I have more up my sleeve, but like I mentioned earlier, I need more hours in the day! Our efforts have been directed at the outdoor projects since it is getting so nice, so it might be fall before I get to them, and I am A-OK with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment