Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day -- A note to my mommy







 
Mom,
This pretty much sums up what I thought of you growing up, I just didn't realize it at the time. I thought everybody had a mom like you. I was wrong.

You somehow managed to raise 3 kids, work full time, keep a house and put dinner on the table. Add in the fantastic, creative birthday parties you threw on serious budgets, the beautiful crafts you hand made to spruce up our house, and the extensive yard and house renovations you and dad undertook. I forget what the old house and yard looked like sometimes. You taught us to think for ourselves, not to follow the crowd. You have supported us through school, weddings, babies, and not necessarily in that order. You taught me a work ethic, and to take pride in a job well done. You also reminded me to stop and smell the roses. You never cease to amaze me.



You have taught me life lessons, how to cook, how to sew, to relax. You make me laugh, you can always answer any kind of question I have. I have scoffed at your advice once or twice, only to realize you had been right all along. I learned to listen to my momma!  You are the BEST example of a mom. I hope Avery feels this way about me someday.








 HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment