Friday, May 13, 2011

Thursday Favorite Things

Edit: Having to repost this due to Blogger's technical difficulties yesterday.

Since my mom really likes these posts, I will keep them up, for a while anyways, or until I run out of things to talk about.

Peonies. We got about 5-6 mature plants from my brothers yard. They won't bloom this year since we have transplanted them to our yard, but we look forward to seeing these beauties along the back of the garage with a retaining wall built around them...next year. Tony already built one this year, and wants a break before doing another.
We planted 3 hydrangea in the front of our house last year. They had beautiful pink flowers. Only 2 survived the winter, but we can get a new one to replace the one that didn't make it thanks to Lowes 1 year guarantee on all their plants. I am learning what to do with them as far as watering, fertilizing, and pruning. A lot of trial and error at our place regarding landscaping right now. The best way to learn though.


Changing gears now. This is one of my favorite shows. I want to be on this show. It is also one of the few shows that Tony and I watch together. He is not such a fan of Bravo TV. The Real Housewives of Anywhere are not his cup of tea. I looked at the application to be on The Amazing Race, thinking that Tony and I could go on it. Otherwise, I would want to go with my dad. The entertainment of seeing Steve trying to do some of the tasks and being in other cultures would be reality TV gold. The man can spread his "Steve-isms" far and wide. I can see it now...

Steve: This desert is drier than a popcorn fart
Steve: That Frenchman can go piss up a rope
Steve: {on finishing a task} 10 points for Griffendorf!

And more, this season on The Amazing Race.


Another of the few examples of TV that both Tony and I can watch together {besides baseball, Go Twins!}. I would NOT want to go on this show. Hungry Danielle would not fare so well, and would be voted out immediately due to the extreme bitchiness that would occur. {Am I right?} I would need a cheeseburger right quick! No Thank You. However, I do like to watch the show.
My toes will look like this soon. After 2 painful, yet necessary, procedures to remove ingrown toenails, and lasering out the nail bed root, I should not have to deal with the pain and trouble of them anymore. When my feet grew while I was pregnant with Avery, I started to have more persistent troubles with them. With the new laser technology, it should be a permanent fix. Although I heard that 10 years ago when they did the first procedure and used a chemical to kill the nail root. I ended up with 3 nails on 1 toe. True Story.

Back to my favorite things: Pedicures. I can have them again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment