Monday, August 8, 2011

Recipe -- Stuffed Peppers


Tony requested something that we don't normally make for dinner. Something creative. So I looked at what we had in the freezer, the fridge, and the pantry, and decided to make up a recipe for Stuffed Peppers. I am glad I did, they turned out great!

Stuffed Peppers:

3 stoplight peppers {one green, one yellow, one red bell peppers}
1 box of rice pilaf from Rice a Roni
1 cup frozen corn
1/2 bottle of real reduced fat bacon bits {hormel}
3/4 cup cheddar jack cheese

Cut top off of peppers and clean out seeds
preheat oven to 400
Make box of rice pilaf
In separate mixing bowl, mix corn, bacon, and cheese
Once rice is done, add half of prepared rice into mixing bowl with the corn, cheese, bacon mix.

Fill each pepper to the top {this mixture was perfect for 3 peppers}
Put in a deep baking dish and cover
Bake at 400 for 35-45 min.

This was my first time making stuffed peppers, so I might play around with the recipe a little bit, but for a new dish, it was awesome!

They were so good, I didn't even get time to take a picture {bad blogger award!}, but they looked like this.



No comments:

Post a Comment