Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Deer Slumber Party

We have deer living in our backyard. Remember THIS POST?


Over the last couple of weeks, we have had a few instances where we let Amigo out to relieve himself, and he races off to chase deer that are across the street. We usually peek out to make sure the coast is clear, but we don't always see them. 

Last night, I was up with Avery, rocking her back to sleep. As I looked out the window in the hall on my way back to bed, I saw the deer across the street again. They were snacking on the smashed pumpkins the neighbors left in the empty lot, and wandered over to their yard. 

As I made my way back to bed, I thought about what Tony mentioned when he got home last night. He saw the deer a block behind our house in the front yard of our backyard neighbors. {follow that?} I peaked out to our backyard and saw 3 deer all curled up in the middle of our yard. 

Most of our neighborhood has fenced in yards, and the path the deer take from the creek, a few blocks away, to the fields on the other side of us, is through our yard.  We have seen "evidence"  {droppings} of them spending time in our yard. 

For some reason, I was intent on watching them last night. As I crawled back into bed {2 am}, Tony turned over and looked at me. I must have thought he was awake, so I told him how a family of deer was living in our backyard. He was all "uh-huh" and went back to sleep. 

When I mentioned them again this morning, he informed me that he was well aware of them spending time in our yard, as he cleans up the yard. I was also told that unless they were spending time in our kitchen, not to wake him up at 2 am with news they were in the backyard. 

I guess that means that he also doesn't want me and Avery to leave them some snacks tonight!?!



No comments:

Post a Comment