Wednesday, February 22, 2012

$100 Home Project

Focus. 

This is what I was having trouble with when it came to moving into our home and using what we had for furniture and accessories, decorating on a budget, and working on projects or rooms. There was so much I wanted to do.

                                                  ah, so lovely

                                                  black door :: striped curtains

I thought I needed $10k and a month of free time to just get it done.

Sounds divine doesn't it? Not so realistic though. You see, I am an Interior Designer by day and when it comes to our own home, I had so many plans. I lacked the focus to work on just one thing. So we ended up doing just a few things here and there. Never really finishing a room. Not that I would ever be finished. Tony tells me that my to-do list is never ending. Cross 1 thing off the top and 2 more appear at the bottom. Poor guy...

After 2 years of moving things around, getting knocked up, making 1 room into a nursery for baby Avery, and changing jobs, I finally came up with an idea to help me focus.

1 project a month.

A self-imposed budget of $100.

I bring you the Casa Bower $100 Home Project.



Here is my initial list of what I would like to accomplish per month. This is subject to change, but gives me a good idea of what is coming up. Again: Focus.

March- Master Bath


April - Mudroom


May - Master Closet


June - Deck/Front Porch


July - Top of front closet


August - Master Bedroom


September - Powder Bath


October - Fireplace Mantle


November - Kitchen/Dining Room


Dec - MISC




So, who wants to join me in this? You can work with my parameters, or you can do your own thing.

Have a bigger budget? Go for it!

Got a smaller budget? Share your tips to get the most bang for your buck.

I think this would be a fun project to do with each other. Maybe link up to each others blogs/websites/facebook profiles to see what everyone did?

No...just me? Ok, well follow along and let me know what you think.

Just remember the rule your momma taught you:
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. 

{if your momma didn't teach you that, she should have, so learn the lesson now!}

No comments:

Post a Comment