Monday, February 6, 2012

Design Inspiration from Magazines

Confession: I am a hoarder.

Not like those nasty TV shows on TLC or A&E, but I hoard design magazines and catalogs.



I can't help it. I love to look at them, I love to imagine what those little pretties will look like in our house. I blissfully ignore the price tags, and instead focus on the dimensions to see where I can squeeze it in my house.



This one in particular really got me this time around. Give me a thousand dollars to Pottery Barn and I could spend that in an hour flat. Probably less, but I would have an internal argument with myself over the guilt of spending so much money.



Ballard Designs is a good one too. They have really upped the style lately with collaborations with some designers. I recently ordered a basket from them to put on our steps to corral the never-ending-stack of items to be returned to their homes upstairs.

Rattan Step Basket

I also subscribe to a few design magazines, like Traditional Home and House Beautiful. I sit and gaze at the gorgeous rooms, and take note of the details of the draperies and the styling of the fireplace mantle.




I like to look at the details to see what we can incorporate into our own home. I took note of a few really interesting items from the latest catalogs and made some boards of items that inspired me lately.







Now, to find that money tree...






No comments:

Post a Comment