Friday, March 16, 2012

Grandma's Little Helper


My mom has a way about her. She is so patient and good with the kids. Avery especially.

 I find myself getting too easily frustrated when Avery wants to be held, or to "help" me in the kitchen. She is always underfoot and I get paranoid about the hot stove/oven, and getting dinner done on time. She has learned to assist with loading and unloading the dishwasher too. 


Then I see my mom whip up a ham dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, buns, and Avery has been "helping" her the whole time. 

I need 'Mom' lessons from my own Mom. 

It is a gentle reminder that Avery just wants to be with me, like me, and helping me. She won't always want to be like this, and yes, dinner may take a little longer to get ready, but in the end, it is worth it. 


After the delicious dinner, Avery even helped clean up. Mom called me into the kitchen to see this:


She was taking her job very seriously. 



We may have a 3rd generation 'Suzy Homemaker' in the making...

"Dad, I just threw that water on the ground. Little help please..."





No comments:

Post a Comment