Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Minnesota Vacation


We took advantage of the Wednesday holiday and headed North to Minnesota for a long weekend over the 4th of July. 

My entire family spent time at my parents farm, and we slept, enjoyed the pool, and let the kids go nuts. 



It was incredibly relaxing. My dad, brothers, and Tony went golfing, my mom and I went shopping, and we all took turns with dinner. I didn't check my phone and used the internet mainly in the mornings to look at the news. Avery was in heaven with her Papa and Mama around for 4 days. 




My parents added a some landscaping around their pool area, and it is so nice to hang around at. 




After several days of lounging, we got all dressed up, and braved the heat to attend my cousin's wedding. With the whole family together, you would think that we could get a nice family picture. FAIL.


Tony and Avery taking a swing break after the wedding and before the reception at the Mayowood Stone Barn  in Rochester. It was a beautiful property that belonged to the Mayo brothers who founded the Mayo Clinic.



Avery LOVED dancing with her cousins. She was a bit timid for the first song, and after a while was running and jumping all over. 




I'd say it was a successful trip. 

I am too tired to write much more, but I will try to be better...



No comments:

Post a Comment