Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cooking at Casa Bower

I have been cooking a lot more recently. Cooking more new recipes to be exact. 



Tony got me this for my birthday in June, and almost every weekend, I flip through and look for something to make. 

A lot of it takes more time than we have in the evenings once we get home from work, but I did manage to make the fried chicken tacos. I didn't follow it exactly, but they turned out pretty good. I would recommend them. Tony was a big fan. 



I also found a recipe for biscuits and gravy to make for breakfast. It was so easy! Read THIS for the recipe. I altered it a bit, and browned up uncooked sausage. It was easy, fast, and delicious.


Another recipe I have made is a new one. I just made it up. It turned out really good. Tony wanted a chicken  gravy open face sandwich. I will try to re-create the recipe for you, best as I can. It was pretty easy to do, and just what we wanted on a cool drizzly day. 

Bower Chicken Gravy Open face Sandwich

  • 20 ounces of chicken diced and cooked. I used a tablespoon of canola oil in a skillet.
  • 16 ounces of chicken stock/broth
  • 1/3 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • fresh ground pepper :: to taste
  • Jane's Krazy mixed up salt :: to taste
  • Rent a Chef seasoning {found at hy-vee} :: to taste
Once the chicken was cooked, I added the stock/broth and brought it to a boil. I shook in the flour and started to stir. I added the milk at the end to thicken it up a bit. The seasoning was added along until I got the taste I was looking for. 

I had potatoes boiling while I was making this so I could have it with homemade mashed potatoes. I would say the whole meal took about 30 min. to make, so this is totally doable for us on a weeknight. 

This will definitely be added to our rotation of meals, since it was easy and good. It even got the Avery seal of approval. 

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment