Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sewing & Craft Nook

The first part to getting the nursery set up is to remove all the current stuff in the there now. 

Since we are converting our guest room to the nursery, that means I need to move all my sewing/craft/art supplies out of there. My parents were in town this past weekend, and my mom and I set to work on setting up a new space for me in the unfinished basement. 



My priorities were to make a functional space for as little money as possible. I prefer to spend our budget in the nursery, rather than a temporary work space in an unfinished basement. 



We had the tv stand from Tony's college furnishings. We inherited the table from a friend. The tall cabinet was from an office move, and the countertop was from a job site where the homeowner upgraded to granite. 

Total cost so far: $0 dolla dolla bills y'all!


Holla!


Starting to come together



This is all in progress, and there are still items to be moved down there, but it has helped my motivation a ton to get this kind of start. 


I got some power strips, extension cords, and organizing containers to hold my pins, needles, thread, bobbins, etc. 

Total cost so far: about $50

Here are some other shots of our weekend. 

Avery was so excited her Papa and Memaw were in town. She knew right away that Papa had some candy for her too. 



My mom is the best. She comes down here, helps with Avery {who adores her}, cleans my house, makes me laugh, and helps me with projects that I have been too lazy tired to do. I do not know what I would do without her. She is truly the best.


Papa telling Avery to step on a bug. Hilarity ensues...


More progress posts and pictures on the basement and nursery as I get more work done. 

{It looks like I might need my mom to come down every weekend from now until the baby is here.}








2 comments:

  1. The bug pic had me laughing so hard this morning. Papa's are the BEST. Can't wait to see more of the progress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hilarious. I wish I would of gotten video of her awkward attempts at stomping the bug. She didn't even come close.

      Delete