Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Avery and the Nursery

Here are a few more photos from our short trip to MN earlier this month. I had a full day of Avery time at my parents, and we made the most of it.



She told me to take her picture, and she said "cheese!". Such a little ham ball...


We also had a little girls night at my cousin's house. We were doing some home pedicures, and the kids wanted in on the action.



Dress up time!





My Super-Mom came down for a few days this past weekend to help get some work done on the nursery. 
We got a lot done, and it was a huge weight off my shoulders. We still have a lot to do, but it seems more manageable now...








It took the 2.5 of us close to 16 hours to get the drapes done. They are by no means perfect, and if we had to do it over again, we would do them a little differently. However, they look pretty damn good to us, and we hand made them with the help of little man's big sister. 




We have an arch window in the nursery, and it took me forever and a day to figure out a solution to cover it. There is no wood trim between the upper arch and the 2 lower double hung windows, therefore, no place to mount blinds, shades, or a drapery rod properly. 


I finally came up with a solution using hooks mounted to the inside of the arch, and sewing roman shade hook tape on the back of the fabric. 

I will do a full post/tutorial on them later, after we do a full nursery reveal. I googled solutions to covering an arch window, and couldn't find anything. so maybe this will help another person in the future. 

More on the nursery soon...



2 comments:

  1. I love seeing all your pictures. So many generations of beautiful blondes.I want to go through my pictures this winter and find pictures of Celia as a little girl. Avery looks so much like her. Good job on the arched window.

    ReplyDelete