Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Soaking it in


Avery and I got some quality time in this weekend. I have been trying to soak in every last moment with her as an only child. I am starting to feel a little sentimental about our family of 3 becoming a family of 4. Don't get me wrong, we are so, so excited about our little man joining us soon, but we realize that Avery's world is about to get rocked. 


We took advantage of a warm weekend, that kicked off December {!}, and went to the park for a while. Tony has been working insane hours lately for a deadline, and was at the office on Saturday. Avery and I had the whole day to ourselves, and I just soaked it in. I know that after the c-section, I won't be able to lift her for a while, and that I will be in the hospital and caring for her baby brother. She may not understand all of that, even if she does know that baby brother is coming soon. 


She is such a little caretaker. She made me "lunch" from her kitchen on Saturday too. She asks what is wrong, when I groan, or have a hard time getting up off the floor from playing with her. She has been putting her hands on my back and belly when I tell her that it hurts. She runs to get Daddy "to help Mommy" if I have a hard time getting up off the couch, chair, or floor. She is the sweetest little thing, and we are so excited for her to be a big sister. She is the funniest person we know, and having her in our lives made us want more...even if they are nothing like her. So even if she has a big adjustment coming her way, we have faith she can handle it, and rock at being the Big Sister. After all she is a huge reason that we wanted to have a second child, and so close in age to her as well. 

I grew up with 2 brothers and we are 3 years apart in total, so we were close growing up, and even if we don't live near each other now, I still consider us close. We wanted that for Avery and her sibling{s}. 

Making Steve and Carrie Laue proud since 1981!

So with a little over 2 weeks to go, and a ton of stuff left to do to get what I would consider "ready", here we are. Wish us luck...



1 comment:

  1. You're probably thinking: "Mike, why the glove?"

    Me: "That's my beer drinking glove. Bitches."

    ReplyDelete