Monday, May 27, 2013

Losing Time

Wow, so time is just flying by. The kids are busy, Tony and I are busy, and well...life is happening, and the ol' blog has taken a back seat. I just can't find the time to update it as regularly as I like, then when I do, it turns into a photo dump and quick descriptions.


Tony started softball, so I took the kids to watch. Avery got to run the bases with Daddy after his game.

Gavin coached from his stroller. 


My brother and his family stopped by, since they were in town for a wedding. Avery got to play with her cousins, and give her newest cousin the baby blanket we sewed for her. {a scrap of fabric with random stitching that Avery did...she was so proud!}

Mothers Day 2013.

Avery and I got dressed up and went and had our nails done. Avery loved every part of it, and wanted to be like the "girls" who got their feet in the water for her pedicure.


How cute is our girl?!?!


I had  a great day. Tony went above and beyond to make the day special for me. After Avery and I got our nails done, Tony and Gavin met us for lunch at my favorite Mexican place, and then I went grocery shopping alone, and got to wander Target. It was just so nice to be able to relax and enjoy my family. 


The tree in our front yard has seen better days, it was one of the first things we bought when we decided to do all the landscaping ourselves with the house. It was a poor choice, and we didn't know any better. So for our anniversary, I got Tony a new tree {wood is the traditional 5 year anniversary gift} and planted it for him...with a little help from Avery...

..
She became obsessed with the worms that we found while digging, and we put them in a little bucket for her to carry around. We then took them over to the empty lot on the cul-de-sac and let them go on a new adventure. She was so cute about it, talking to them so softly and in her "talking to baby" voice. Sweet Girl.







Up next: Recipe after Recipe. I have been in a cooking mood!



No comments:

Post a Comment