Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Recipe: Asian Steak Roll-Ups


Be warned, I am neither a chef, nor food photographer, but this was too good not to share. 

Recipe: Asian Steak Roll-Ups. 

I found the recipe that I loosely based these off of on Pinterest. 


I didn't follow the recipe, but rather used it as inspiration. 

I first bought sandwich sliced sirloin, carrots, zucchini, and bell peppers. 


I marinated the meat while I cut up my veggies with a bit of worchester sauce, and our favorite steak seasoning. 
Tone's Canadian Steak seasoning is hands down the best, and I don't believe it is made anymore. Montreal seasoning is close, but not the same. When I found the large bottles at a Sam's Club a few years ago, I stocked up. I think we will be ok on Steak Seasoning for the next 10-15 years, and will hope Tone's brings it back in the meantime. 


I cut the veggies in long, thin slices.


I put about a tablespoon of butter and a teaspoon of garlic in a pan to sautee the veggies. 



After a few minutes, I add a few dashes of soy sauce. 


At this point, I start to get my steak ready. I used tongs to put the veggies in the steak and rolled them up, securing with a toothpick.







Once I get them all arranged, I heat up the pan with a tab of butter and some teriyaki sauce. 




I added another dash of steak seasoning at this point, just to even them out a bit. 


They take around 10 minutes to cook, and they have fantastic flavor. While I don't have the photography skills to show how great these are, trust me when I say they are great. It is quickly becoming my favorite meal. 

The recipe that I based this off of, uses a balsamic vinaigrette base, and that is just not to our taste. You can go HERE if you want that recipe. 

If you try this, please let me know what you think!









No comments:

Post a Comment