Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Recipe: Homemade Pork Tenderlion


I kind of stumbled onto this by accident. We bought some tenderized pork chops at the meat counter in Hy-Vee for a buck a piece and I wanted to get creative with it. They turned out so well, that they are now a staple in our dinner rotation. I breaded, and cooked them in the same method I do when I make Chicken Parmesan. 

If you are so inclined, here is the recipe:

Tenderized Pork Chops {the meat counter can run them through the tenderizing machine if they don't have them readily available.}



The spices: I play around with these ingredients until I find the ratio I like. I would venture a guess at:

I cup bread crumbs
1 tsp of each of the rest,  and you can adjust from there. This is plenty to bread 3-4 pork chops.




Before you bread them, heat a tablespoon of canola oil in a pan. 

Then fry 3-4 min on both sides.



Then, I take them out of the pan, and cook them in the oven at 350 for about 15 min.





They have a little kick to them, due to the red pepper flakes, so you can adjust if you prefer a more mild taste. 


We served them with garlic mashed potatoes and creamed corn. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment