Friday, September 20, 2013

Working Mom update...

Things are getting easier, and even though we are still tired all the time, I am happier.


The kids and I escaped to MN about a month ago for some R&R...I was missing my mom, and wanted some girl time with my aunt and cousin too. 


We had a good chat, and even though it wasn't long enough (it never is!), it was soooo good to hang with my ladies. Much needed family/girl time. I missed our annual girls weekend this year because Gavin was so sick and in the hospital for a week with RSV, so this was a small substitute. 



Work is busier than ever, and the kids are keeping us on our toes, but I have settled in nicely. I may be saying this because I spent all last weekend cleaning the house, so I feel good about keeping up with everything. I said no to plans with a few friends, but that is ok. It is ok to say no every once in a while, and that meant that I was able to get some stuff done that just makes me feel better.  A clean house and getting all the laundry done AND put away does that for me. It is my love language. If you don't know what that means, google it...best book I have ever read, and totally makes sense. (Mine is acts of service and words of affirmation. Tony's is quality time.) 



Just a few of the many houses I am currently working on. The market picked up in Des Moines. 


Our little man. 



Avery went grocery shopping with me and had her own cart. She melted my heart with how serious she took her job to help me get groceries. 

She has been extra adorable lately. 

She told me she was fabulous. While in the tub listing off letters and numbers. 

Me: I love you
Avery: I love you most 
Me: (heart melting) 

She is so incredibly sweet with Gavin. 

Her current favorite song is Tony and my wedding song. She sings along, in her sweet little voice...(heart melting)


And Gavin...oh man. A past client once told me that there is something about having a son, a little boy, especially after having a girl first. She was so spot on.


 Our little man is so much fun! Granted he is still not sleeping through the night at 9 months, and is teething, so things are a bit rough. However, he is such a happy and loving baby. Our baby gives me baby fever, if that makes sense? I am crazy. I realize that. We might be done...we might not be done. We really don't know. 

To be continued. 







No comments:

Post a Comment