Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Easy French Dip Recipe


I made a really great French Dip sandwich for dinner last night, and the recipe could not have been easier. 

We started with 1 pound of deli Di Lusso medium roast beef



I put 1 can of French Onion Soup {I added about 1/2 can of water to this}

and 1 can of Beef Consomme 


to a soft, rolling boil with the roast beef. It took about 15 minutes. 

I had also bought provolone cheese from the deli counter and used that to top the sandwiches. 
{Tony is not a huge cheese fan (Horror, I know!), so I used the provolone on his sparingly}


I scooped up the roast beef using a slotted spoon to drain the liquid from the meat. I took care to make sure some of the onions stayed on the roast beef. Then topped with the provolone cheese. I set them under the oven broiler set to 425 for about 8-10 min.

I saved the liquid for the dipping sauce and it was very tasty.



They were very good, and the kids even ate some of it. We kept it simple on a weeknight and served with corn and some waffle fries. 


I got the recipe from a southern blogger I read, and I am so glad I did. 

*Recipe from April at A.Liz Adventures
 Link

No comments:

Post a Comment