Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Weekending {as a verb}


Our weekend was such a nice time. We were busy, tried to beat the heat, and we were well. 


I took the kids out for dinner alone on Saturday night. Tony had a golf tournament most of the day, and I thought I would brave it myself with our favorite Mexican place, El Azteca. The kids did great, and we were in and out of there in less than an hour, so I am sure that helped. 


The sprinkler got a lot of use this weekend. I was not up to taking the kids to the pool by myself. Maybe in a few years when Avery can swim better on her own, and maybe go down the slide without help at the bottom. I was not ready for that yet. 


This photo just screams SUMMERTIME!



The kids decided to color and Gavin was so excited to show me his crayon scratches. He would run over to me every few minutes to show me. He was so proud. 


I DID IT!



That face! Isn't he the cutest?


Grocery shopping on Sunday nights is a weekly event, and Gavin took his cart pushing very seriously. 


We made a new summer snack mix to keep on hand. Frosted animal crackers, popcorn, and pretzels. We added in cheese-its and Reeses Pieces later. It needed it. 




In basement news, we got the daybed and trundle all set up. We are ready for guests officially, even if there is no decor and the room is only partially 'done' for my standards. 

If only money and time were always so readily available, am I right?! {all in due time, I keep reminding myself...the countdown to 1 less kid in full time daycare is on!}






No comments:

Post a Comment