Friday, May 6, 2016

Rediscovering the Library

After the rainy, damp, cold weekend we had a few days ago, we were starting to get a little stir crazy being cooped up in the house. And by stir crazy, I mean the kids needed to get out of the house, or I was going to go nuts.




I decided to take them to the Library Sunday afternoon. I believe most other families had the same thought all weekend, as it was packed and hard to find a parking space. However, it did not deter us, and we had a great time. We picked out some books, both new and old favorites.


I found that I had several books on my Amazon wish list that were readily available at the library, so I also checked out the Goldfinch. Tony is currently reading that while I finish up a book about the OJ Simpson trial on my kindle. Yes, I am still obsessing over that trial, and yes, I still have all of the FX series on my DVR. 

It has become a much too easy habit to just buy the books I want to read on Amazon and then it downloads directly to my kindle. Even spending only $15 per month, but still something that has become too much of a bad habit. I need to start getting to the library more to read the books on my wish list. Lord knows I have plenty of them, so they are not all new releases. 

It's Duffy Time was the first book we checked out for Avery about 3 years ago. Each time we go to the library, she asks for it. It is hilarious how each of our children are such creatures of habit. We did venture into some other books to help Avery on her reading and that Gavin was interested in. 

Any other books I should check out on our next visit? I may just re-lend the Goldfinch when Tony is done so I can read it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment